Napoleonica, the Napoleon's Army at the Fort of Bard
- 31 August 2019 - 01 September 2019
Sabato 31 agosto 2019
- Ingresso all’evento: gratuito
- Cena storica su prenotazione: €. 15,00 euro;
Domenica 1° settembre 2019
- Ingresso all’evento e al Forte di Bard a pagamento
Tariffa unica: €. 5,00 euro. Gratuito da 0 a 10 anni ;
Il titolo di ingresso a Napoleonica dà diritto all’acquisto a tariffa ridotta a due spazi espositivi a scelta
Parcheggi e navette
E’ stato predisposto un servizio di trasporto gratuito nel corso delle due giornate. Le aree di sosta sono dislocate e segnalate lungo la statale 26 nei Comuni di Donnas e Bard. Nel Comune di Hône sono presenti parcheggi dai quali è comodamente raggiungibile a piedi l’area dell’evento.
Sabato 31 agosto le navette saranno attive dalle ore 9.00 alle 24.00, domenica 1° settembre dalle ore 9.00 alle 20.00. I parcheggi dislocati a Donnas e Hône saranno serviti da navetta nella sola giornata di domenica
- Friday August 30th 2019* Getting Ready for “Napoleonica”
- 3:00 pm: Verres – Departure from Piazza René de Challant and march towards the Armée de Réserve along Via Francigena in the municipalities of Verrès, Issogne, Arnad, Hône and Bard.
- Saturday August 31st 2019*
- 10:00 am: Borgo and Fort. Camps and taverns open to the public;
- From 10:00 am, Piazza di Gola – Fort: Flea market with historical theme and Napoleonic objects on sale (vintage prints and original memorabilia, historical tailor’s shops, toy soldiers, handicraftsmen);
- 10:30 am Piazza d’Armi – Fort: Piedmontese flag-raising ceremony
Volleys of French and Austrian artillery;
- From 11:00 am Borgo. Challant House: Déjeuner sur l’herbe(Lunch on the lawn) and itinerant historical music prepared by Ombra Gaja, opening of the exhibition called “Broderies et Châtelaines: Fashion Accessories of the First Empire” and of the photo exhibition with the title “Armies in Confrontation – Pictures of Napoleonic Re-enactments”;
- 11:00 am Borgo di Bard (The Hamlet of Bard): Mandatory conscription
- 11:30 am Climb up to Piazza di Gola and the Borgo di Bard (Hamlet of Bard): Chappe Telegraph demonstration;
- 2:30 pm Borgo (Hamlet). Piazza Cavour: Welcoming by the authorities, presentation of the participating groups and movements of the French and Austro-Piedmontese troops from Bard to Hône;
- From 3:30 pm Fort. Piazza di Gola: Historical and popular dances with middle class people and civilians accompanied by the Ombra Gaja group;
- 16:00 pm Rendezvous area – Hône: Race of the Heads;
- 5:00 pm Hône: Pitched battle; return to Bard for the proclamation of the suspension of hostilities in Piazza Cavour;
- 6:30 pm Piazza Cavour: demonstration of military medicine;
- 7:30 pm: parade from the Borgo (Hamlet) to the Fort;
- 8:00 pm Fort. Piazza d’Armi: Historical dinner and Gran Bal des Citoyens.
Spectators and re-enactors at dinner in the impressive Piazza d’Armi. Traditional dances in which the public is involved, accompanied by performances of musicians playing traditional French-Provencal songs on traditional instruments. _ Dinner by reservation at a cost of 15.00 euros (drinks not included). For reservations: email@example.com – Reservations by email are possible but must be made by 12:00 noon on August 30th. Beyond this time, only on-the-spot reservations can be made, on the day of the event in Borgo di Bard in Piazza Cavour
- 12:00 midnight: curfew;
- Sunday September 1st 2019*
- 7:00 am: Wake-up at the camp;
- 10:30 am Borgo and Fort: opening of encampments and permanent entertainment to the public, troop movements and civilian promenades
In Piazza di Gola – Fort: Flea market with historical theme and Napoleonic objects on sale;
- 10:30 am- 12:00 noon Cortile Opera Ferdinando (Ferdinando Opera Courtyard): vintage games and entertainment for children;
- 10:30 am-12:30 pm Borgo di Bard: Battery of siege: Re-enactment of an artillery post and shelling from Borgo towards the Fort and the Austro-Piedmontese defenses;
- 10:45 am – Piazza d’Armi – Fort: Competitions of riflemen’s skills;
- 11:30 am – Moving up to Piazza di Gola and Borgo di Bard: Chappe Telegraph demonstration;
- 11:45 am – Fort stables: Demonstration of military medicine;
- 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Piazza d’Armi: Vintage games, entertainment for children;
- 3:00 pm From Borgo to the Fort: final attack on the Fort. At the end, a grouping of troops in the fortress, signing of the surrender of the Austro-Piedmontese troops, flag-lowering and French flag-raising.
- 5:00 pm Piazza d’Armi – Fort: Final parade.
The village and the Fort of Bard will host respectively the French and Austro-Piedmontese camps with entertainment activities directly involving the public. A small market with Napoleonic themed objects (vintage prints and original memorabilia, historic costumes, toy soldiers, artisans, etc.) has been set up in the streets of the medieval village.
The most spectacular re-enactments include the simulation of the attack on the Fort, which takes place several times during the day and at nightfall, speed races for riflemen and military parades.
The large parade ground of the fort will host on Saturday evening, the Grand Bal des citoyens: the audience can attend and participate in traditional dances, accompanied by the performance of Franco-Provençal tradition music.
The revival of the final battle, with the grouping of troops in the fortress and the surrender of the Austro-Piedmontese to the French attack, will end the commemoration on Sunday afternoon.
This event aims to become an international reference point in the context of historical re-enactments.