Aosta, city of art
Discover the most beautiful little corners of Aosta, along with a trusted, expert guide, without the need for a car, covering an unexplored itinerary right in the heart of the city.
2 nights from € 215
- 01 January 2021 - 31 December 2021
The most interesting, entertaining visits are those in the company of a friendly local, and this idea is designed to recreate that same special sensation of visiting a city along with a trusted, expert guide, someone who knows just what you like and is ready to give you a key role in your visitor experience.
Aosta is an ancient city with a complex and fascinating history linked to the development and maximum expansion of the Roman Empire as well as commerce, pilgrimages and transit in the Middle Ages.
The route starts from the majestic Porta Praetoria, the main entrance to the Roman city, moving towards the stunning façade of the Roman Theatre and the surprising cryptoporticus, an underground tunnel built to raise the temples of the Forum, blending into the classical monuments and masterpieces of Medieval art like the Collegiate Church and Cloister of Sant’Orso and the Cathedral with its characteristic two towers.
The tour concludes with a delicious cheese and meat platter with a tasting at one of the liveliest food and wine spots in the city centre.
The accommodation provided is situated in the heart of the historical centre ofa Aosta. It will allow you to fully experience the magical atmosphere of this Alpine capital with a brand new route, all entirely zero-km and with no need for a car.
Price of the package per person
|Period||3-star hôtel||4-star hôtel|
|2 nights in low season||€ 215||€ 234|
|2 nights in high season||€ 230||€ 259|
HIGH SEASON: 9 / 2-9 / 3 - April 18-22 - July - August
August 4-17, Christmas, New Year Eve, January 30-31 availability and prices on request.
This special offer includes:
- 2 nights’ stay in a double room, in a 3-star or 4-star hotel in the heart of the historical centre of Aosta
- a guided tour of Roman and Medieval Aosta, along with other little goodies, accompanied by a certified tour guide - the guided tour lasts for an hour and a half
- cumulative ticket for entrance to Roman Theatre, Forensic Cryptoporticus, Church of San Lorenzo, Regional Archaeological Museum
- tasting at a charcuterie in the city centre
- a dinner with a typical Aostan menu at a restaurant in the city centre - drinks not included
- basic medical insurance.
This special offer does not include:
- tourist tax
- tips and other personal expenses
- anything else not listed at “This special offer includes”
This package holiday is proposed by VdA Holidays — Aosta Valley Incoming Tour Operator.
Telephone:+39 0165 51 65 51 (3)