Ancient Roman fortified house, Leper’s Tower was transformed into a feudal residence by the noble Friour family, which appears in records since 1191.
In the 15th century the tower stair was built on the northern side to allow easier access to the floors, and stone windows were opened on the south side. After several changes of owners, it was purchased by the Order of Saint Maurice, which took in a family of lepers originally from the town of Oneglia. The story of their stay in the tower inspired the Savoy writer Xavier de Maistre to write his well-known novel Le lépreux de la cité d’Aoste.
Not open to visitors.