Fontina Museum and visitors centre
Summer opening - July and August:
- Mondays to Fridays 8.30am - 12.30pm and 2.30pm - 6.30pm
- Saturdays and Sundays 9am - 12pm and 3pm - 6pm
Winter opening - from September to June:
- Mondays to Fridays 9am - 12pm and 2.30pm - 5.30pm
Guided visits are organised at the following times: at 10am and 4pm
Visit price: € 3.00
Booking the guided tour is recommended.
Entry allowed for groups up to 15 people.
The Visitor Center is accessible for disabled people.
Dogs are not allowed.
The visitors centre is a museum dedicated to Fontina, illustrating its history and production and the particular aspects of this unique DOP cheese.
The centre has two floors and an exhibition area divided into three sections:“History”, “The Environment”, “Processing” and a small space dedicated to Val d’Aosta crafts.
The video room seats 50 and you can see an exhaustive film, available in Italian, French, English and German, showing giving details of all the phases of production of Fontina.
The visit to the museum and the centre includes the spectacular Fontina seasoning rooms dug out of the rock, one of which was dug out of the ancient copper mine and where the Fontina DOP remains for 80 days and takes its sweet and inimitable taste.
The centre also has a multimedia station and a shop.
How to get there:
- from the Milan / Turin-Aosta motorway, follow the directions for Gran San Bernardo. At the exit of the tunnel continue towards Bionaz.
- from Aosta follow the signs for the Gran San Bernardo. Once in Variney continue towards Bionaz
subsequently, past the center of Valpelline, follow the signs indicating the Visitor Center on the road to Ollomont.
Telephone:(+39) 0165 73309