Le Cors dou Heralt
- 29 julio 2022 - 30 julio 2022
• Friday 29 July, at the amphitheater of the green area “Tzanté de Bouva” in Fénis, from 21.00:
- Historian Elena CORNIOLO and Prof. Alessandro CELI, will hold the conference on emigration, “mobility in the Alps of the fifteenth century: the case of the high Savoy prelates”, a subject of constant relevance.
• Saturday 30 July, green area adjacent to the castle of Fénis:
- 09.00 setting up military camps and various encampments;
- 2.00 pm arrival of the guest groups;
- 2.30 pm parade from the field to the gates of the castle where the lord Aimone de Challant and consort Fiorina Provana di Leinì, their descendants and their entourage of ladies and court nobles will welcome the welcome guests joining them, to continue for the streets of the village reaching the campo again, where the celebrations will begin.
- 3.30 pm entertainment with ballets, music, duels, drums, trumpets and flag wavers.
- At 4.30 pm the Herald will start the XI biennial tournament “Le Cors dou Heralt”, which will see the numerous contenders for the trophy engaged in medieval archery;
At the same time, the 1st drum tournament will take place in an adjacent space.
– 5.30 pm XI equestrian tournament dedicated to the companies of the Herald.
– 6.30 pm official presentation of the groups present and the lords of Fénis, who will offer a present of thanks.
- 7.30 pm medieval dinner will be served, animated by dancers, musicians and knights.
- 20.30 Aimone will open the tournament awards.
- 10.00 pm fire games.
- 11.30 pm torchlight procession to the gates of the castle where the lords will greet their guests.