Early Christian Basilica of San Lorenzo
- October to March:
daily from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- April to September:
daily from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Last entry 15 minutes before closing time
- Tuesday 8 March 2022 – Women’s Day – reduced admission for all women
- Saturday 19 March 2022 – Father’s Day – reduced admission for fathers accompanied by children
- Friday 8 May 2022 – Mother’s Day – reduced admission for mothers accompanied by children
- Wednesday 18 May 2022 – International Museum Day – reduced admission to all paying visitors
- Sunday 2 October 2022 – Grandparents’ Day – reduced admission for grandparents accompanied by grandchildren
- Sunday 9 October 2022 – FAMU Day (families at the museum) – reduced admission to all paying visitors
- Monday 31 October 2022 extraordinary opening
- Wednesday 21 December 2022 – Winter Solstice – reduced admission to all full paying visitors at the Aosta sites
Opening times are subject to variations: we advice to verify them by contacting the phone number reported in the “Contact” area.
The ticket has a single rate of € 8.00 until 4 October 2022
Ticket “Aosta archeologica”, valid for a year from the date of issue, allowing one entry in each of the following sites:
- Roman theatre
- Forensic cryptoporticus
- Early Christian Basilica of San Lorenzo
- Regional Archaeological Museum
- Megalithic Area of Saint-Martin-de-Corléans
- children and teenagers under 25 years
- visitors with disabilities and their companions
- teachers and other persons accompanying school groups, 1 person per 10 students.
Site included in the Aosta archeologica cumulative ticket
Under the village’s old parish church, archaeological diggings brought to light the early Christian cruciform basilica, indicated as Concilium Sanctorum , the Assembly of Saints because it was built on the tombs of some of the early martyrs who were buried in the Roman cemetery area which in itself was built on a protohistoric funeral settlement.
Inside you can see parts of the liturgical structures, the relic platform with the tombs of three bishops who lived between the V and VI centuries (Grato, Agnello, Gallo) and other tomb chambers dating from between the V and VIII centuries.
Telefono:(+39) 349 6429216