Church of St. Joseph

Перлоц

Looking at the church dedicated to Saint Joseph, in the village of Tour d’Héréraz, the medieval tower stands out, which today is its bell tower. At that time, many travelers passed the waters of the Lys stream over the nearby Pont Moretta bridge, located downstream from the church, and this tower was used to control wayfarers and the passage of goods. It was part of a fortified complex donated to the Tour d’Héréraz community by a descendant of the Vallaise family in the second half of the 19th century.

In 1878, the year of the church’s consecration, the tower was transformed into a bell tower by modifying its terminal part to make room for the belfry. At a height of seven meters you can still see the ancient access door with an architrave surmounted by a blind arch.

The church is generally closed.

Vedi anche
Meteo
Meteo

Подробности
Aosta
°C
°C
Веб камера
Веб камера
Chamois

Webcams map       Resort
Champorcher

Webcams map       Resort
Saint Vincent - Col de Joux

Webcams map       Resort