Le Cappelle non sono visitabili.
In tutte le cappelle viene celebrata la Santa Messa nel giorno di ricorrenza del Santo a cui è dedicata.
The chapels are not open to visitors.
All the chapels celebrate the Holy Mass to mark their patron saint’s day.
The territory of Gressoney-La-Trinité hosts the following chapels, confirming the importance of religion in the traditional life of the Alpine community:
TSCHAVAL CHAPEL (1624): initially dedicated to Saints Peter and Nicolas, today Saints Peter and Paul. Feast day 29th June.
BIEL CHAPEL (1636): originally called after Our Lady of the Snow, now dedicated to Saints Rocco and Sebastian. Feast day 16th August.
ORSIA CHAPEL (1652): dedicated to St. James the Great. Feast day 25th July.
ALPE BETTA CHAPEL (1726): dedicated to St. Anne, located at an altitude of 2,178 metres, on the crags leading to Colle di Bettaforca, in a location with very interesting landscape. It was renovated in 1995. Feast day 26th July.
STAFAL – OAGRE CHAPEL: (1776) founded by G.J. Curtaz, a native of Gressoney and parish priest of Issime, in memory of his mother Caterina Knobal and of the vision she had on February 11th, 1701 at the fountain existing in that place. All over the ice that covered the fountain, she saw a beautifully painted image of the Madonna carrying the Child in her arms; and J.P. Schwarz, parish priest of Gressoney-La-Trinité, gave evidence on her behalf. The Chapel, named afterwards Our Lady of the Snow, has become for Gressoney a centre of Marian devotion, a pilgrimage destination; there is evidence of superlative graces received here. Feast day 15th August.
GABIET CHAPEL (1956): a small oratory dedicated to the Madonna; built in stone near Gabiet Lake (2,380 m.). Feast day on 8th September.
GARSTELET CHAPEL AT THE GNIFETTI REFUGE (1967): a modern chapel dedicated to Our Lady of the Glaciers, built at an altitude of 3,650 metres under the initiative of the former pupils of the Valsalice High School in Turin, in memory of Father Aristide Vesco, a Salesian who died on Punta Ciampono. The chapel is the highest in Europe. Feast day is celebrated every year on the 5th of August in memory of those who died in the mountains.
UNDERWOALD CHAPEL: characteristic chapel, situated in town and organised for transit, called “of the Dead”, (“Tototschappolo”, in Tisch, the German dialect in Gressoney). Its only role is still that of receiving funeral processions, as they come from different districts of the town.