"Fête des Bergers" at Colle del Piccolo San Bernardo
- Sunday 06 August 2023
- 9am - Weighing of the cows
- From 9am to 6pm - Typical savoyard market
- 11am - Outdoor Mass with the La Thuile choir and folk groups
- 12.30pm - Beginning of the Bataille de Reines
This festival takes place at Colle del Piccolo San Bernardo, a place which once witnessed the meeting of Valle d’Aosta and Savoy shepherds for a livestock exchange and market.
The day starts with a Mass and continues with folklore performances and a small market of typical products: handcrafted objects and food and wine delights dot the meadows around the Cromlech and pavilions set up for the occasion offer the opportunity to have lunch with local dishes.
The afternoon is entirely dedicated to the “Bataille de Reines”, valid for the regional championships and for assignment of the “Regina del Piccolo San Bernardo” title.
- convivial meeting of ancient tradition between the shepherds of the Aosta Valley and Savoyard mountain pastures
- take advantage of the event to enjoy the views of the Colle del Piccolo San Bernardo and to discover its history
- visit the Chanousia alpine botanical garden
- make a stop at nearby Lake Verney